VIRGINIA WATER, England -- Only a few days after sending out wedding invitations, golfer Rory McIlroy broke off his enga

Rispondi
zhanjiao1212

VIRGINIA WATER, England -- Only a few days after sending out wedding invitations, golfer Rory McIlroy broke off his enga

Messaggio da zhanjiao1212 » sab giu 29, 2019 1:02 am

VIRGINIA WATER, England -- Only a few days after sending out wedding invitations, golfer Rory McIlroy broke off his engagement to Danish tennis player Caroline Wozniacki on Wednesday. Graham Gano Jersey . Uncomfortable and subdued, the two-time major winner spoke about the decision ahead of the BMW PGA Championship, only a few hours after first announcing the split in a statement. "It is quite a difficult time for Caroline and myself, and the statement really said it all this morning," McIlroy said at Wentworth. "It was mutual and we both thought it was the best for us, the best for both of us. Time to move on, and Ive said all that I need to say." The 25-year-old McIlroy and 23-year-old Wozniacki have been dating since 2011. They were engaged on New Years Eve in Australia. The decision to call off the wedding came as surprise to many, especially since McIlroy had only recently spoke of his delight in meeting up with Wozniacki in London after competing in the Players Championship a couple of weeks ago. Wozniacki had been due to compete in an event in Rome but withdrew to meet up with him. "Look, Im no different than anyone else," the Northern Irishman said. "Everyone has been through breakups, and its obviously very, very difficult. But look, Im here to try and concentrate on this week and answer questions about golf, and thats what Im going to do." Both McIlroy and Wozniacki have been the top-ranked player in their respective sports, but Wozniacki has not won a major title. McIlroy won his first major at the 2011 U.S. Open, and then added another a year later at the U.S. PGA Championship. In the earlier statement, McIlroy took the blame for the breakup. "The problem is mine. The wedding invitations issued at the weekend made me realize that I wasnt ready for all that marriage entails," McIlroy said. "I wish Caroline all the happiness she deserves and thank her for the great times weve had. I will not be saying anything more about our relationship in any setting." At Wentworth, McIlroy is among the top players at this weeks European Tour flagship event. "Im not going to lie. Its going to be very difficult," McIlroy said of playing this week. "But you know, at least when I get inside the ropes, just try and concentrate on the shot at hand. But yeah, its obviously going to be difficult." At least McIlroy will have something to cheer him up. The Manchester United fan will play in the pro-am alongside three former stars from the club, Teddy Sheringham, Peter Schmeichel and Phil Neville. "Ive been a Manchester United fan my whole life, and getting to play with three Manchester United legends is going to be a nice afternoon," McIlroy said. "I remember watching the Champions League final in 99 when United beat (Bayern) Munich in Barcelona, and it was a very memorable night. All those three guys were involved." Reggie Bonnafon Jersey . On July 27 cyclings best-known race will host "La Course by Le Tour de France" -- a one-day womens competition staged hours before Tour riders race on the same circuit to finish the three-week event on Paris Champs-Elysees. Efe Obada Jersey . Louis, MO (SportsNetwork. http://www.cheappanthersjerseyselite.com/?tag=cheap-jordan-scarlett-jersey . -- A 25-year-old freelance journalist from British Columbia was formally charged on Thursday with a felony, five days after she was arrested in the United States over allegations she threatened to kill her hockey player boyfriend.Kevin Davies is convinced Sam Allardyce will make England more motivated and organised if he is confirmed as successor to Roy Hodgson. Sky Sources understand the Sunderland boss will be named the new England manager and striker Davies, who played under Allardyce at Bolton, says he will bring some pride back to fans after the disappointment of Euro 2016.Im extremely pleased for Sam, he has had success at a number of clubs, Davies told Sky Sports News HQ. Former Bolton captain Kevin Davies thinks Sam Allardyce will bring a winning mentality, pride and passion to the England managers job Sam calls it winning football. He goes into clubs and organises the players and staff and thats important to him, he will get the best people in there with expertise to help him.He will have them organised and he will make them hungry, motivated and hopefully playing with a bit of passion.Thats what we feel we are lacking as a nation. The previous three, four, five tournamentss have been disappointing and left us feeling flat. Eric Reid Jersey. . Allardyce set for England Sam Allardyce set to be named England manager - Sky sources I am hopeful with the young players in there her can get us going again, playing with a bit of pride, like teams such as Wales and Iceland.Davies believes Allardyce will benefit from a united dressing room lacking in egos, while making the most of his backroom staff to get the best out of his players.If you look at the current squad, I dont think there are too many [egos] in there. The squad seems to be pretty happy, with young players coming through who Sam can certainly help, he added. He will have them organised and he will make them hungry, motivated and hopefully playing with a bit of passion. Kevin Davies on Sam Allardyce I dont see too many problems in managing the dressing room and it will be interesting to see who he brings in.Hes not had any really big clubs but I dont think he will feel the pressure. He is a very confident person who knows his strengths and weaknesses.He had 20-25 staff at Bolton and they were all the best in their field and they got the players motivated to succeed.I look forward to see who gets in to work around him and I think he will be relishing it, he loves a challenge. Also See: How England made the decision What of Englands DNA? Aidy: U19s ready for Italy battle England fixtures Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Cheap NBA Jerseys Wholesale NHL Jerseys Wholesale MLB Jerseys Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Wholesale NCAA Jerseys Wholesale Football Jerseys Wholesale Basketball Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys ' ' '
Rispondi

Torna a “Campania”